Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
The nursing staff of District 218 wanted to reach out to you during this difficult time to let you know that we are thinking about you and wishing you well. We are available to provide health and wellness support via email, phone conference, or video conference. Please reach out to us so we can address any concerns you may have or schedule a chat. Please know that our ability to assess and respond to more serious concerns is limited. If you have a life-threatening emergency situation, you should contact 911 immediately. If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, contact your primary care physician.
We can be reached via email Monday – Friday between 9am - 2pm. Please contact your respective building nurse below.
ATP –Shannon Connolly [email protected]
DDE – Maureen Featherstone [email protected]
Delta/Summit – Christine Goeppner [email protected]
ABS – Jennifer Ramirez [email protected]
HLR – Julie Voutiritsas [email protected]
Your health and safety are our top concerns. The best way to prevent COVID-19 illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Although it may be difficult to remain away from school and friends, social distancing can reduce the spread of the disease. Here are some additional steps you can take to protect yourself and your families.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick. Ask a friend or neighbor to go to the store for you.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
Below are some additional resources for updated information regarding COVID 19.
- Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) COVID-19 Hotline # 708-633-3319
- Phone Advice Line Guidelines for Children (2-17 years) or Adults (≥ 18 years) with Possible COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/phone-guide/index.html
Please take care of yourselves and your families.